The total amount of MPs available to you is given by the GM during the fastforward. You can declare following statuses during the ffw, which influence your MP total:
- active (normal MP amount)
- torpor (MPs only if you fulfil certain conditions, though some other benefits may be available)
- research focus (some extra points, but all points can be spent only on mental attributes and disciplines and on knowledges)
- martial training focus (some extra points, but only physical disciplines and attributes or abilities used in fights)
Maturation points can be spent as follows:
- on attributes: 5 points per dot
- on abilities: 2 points per dot, specialities 1 point each
- on disciplines: 5 points per dot for in-clan disciplines, 7 points per dot for out-of-clan disciplines, 4 points per dot for a path
- on your Road: 1 point per dot (up till the maximum of 7)
- on Virtues: 2 points per dot
Willpower and backgrounds cannot be bought with maturation points.
No new abilities or disciplines can be purchased unless specifically stated in you ffw feedback.